View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 07:08 PM
RabidW0mbat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Turnamdburn200 View Post
It’s not hard if you can memorize the flows and Callouts and have a lot of imagination. (Things happen faster in cpt with zero visual cue compared to the sim) (it takes 45 seconds to a minute or so for the real thing to go from “set thrust” to 1000’ but in cpt it happens in 15 seconds. when I went through I met a captain upgrade going through with a new hire at the bar and he was saying that it’s much harder now and there is a lot more to it than when he went through as a new hire. He said it’s a lot more organized with more completion standards.

It’s not hard but I can see why many have issues with it
I actually struggled more going into the sim from CPT because of a negative transference. Whereas in CPT your triggers are coming from the instructor, so it’s all verbal cues, then in the sim the triggers are now visual. I had great instructors, I struggled a bit in the sim for a few sessions, but ended up completing training in the allocated foot print. It was work, but not insurmountable.

As far as pilot A vs Pilot B...yeah, the info to pass may be the same, but I’ll take the guy who has the next level of deeper knowledge and critical thinking skills over mr check the box any day, that’s what the 50 people in the back are paying for.