View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 07:13 AM
hockeypilot44
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

This is one of biggest screw jobs we have. Last time I had training, it started with 4 days left in bid month. Those 4 days of training paid 10 hours. I still had to bid full schedule that month with remaining days.

The next month, I finished training a few days before Thanksgiving. I asked for Thanksgiving off in icrew (there's a place to request OE days off). I then called ALPA about shadowbidding. I bid to work everyday and max out my schedule since I wouldn't be flying trips anyway. When it came time for OE, planner called me and said my options were to work Thanksgiving or I could have it off, but if I had it off she would PD my shadow trip that touched that day and I would lose the shadow trip pay. I elected to do that as it was only a 2 day trip. My 83 hour line dropped to 72:30. Alpa never told me they could drop shadow trips on days you wanted off. Here's the kicker. They are still allowed to assign OE trips on days where you have no shadow trips, but I hear they try and keep OE trips in the shadow footprint.

Good luck