View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 06:32 AM
random dude
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default Great custom optical lab!

Here is THE place to contact for custom glasses. I found Michael online several years ago, on some obscure pilot chat site . Michael has owned a specialty optical lab in Florida for many years.

He worked generously and enthusiastically with me to create a quadra-focal (reading, panel, outside, top panel). He even designed a magnetic sun-glass piece that I could pop on after breaking out and being in the sunshine again, while my view of the panel, upper panel and reading remained clear. I sent him my frames, and he re-worked the height of each segment a few times, and also changed the magnification of each segment a few times, too. The finished product was perfect!

https://www.questopticallab.com/a-word-from-michael

Quest Vision Care Specialty Lab in N. Largo, FL
Tell him the guy with the pilot quads glasses sent you (I don't get anything out of it other than the satisfaction of helping you get hooked-up with a really awesome guy!)
Best of luck.

Originally Posted by bionic View Post
I see a few people have mentioned that they have been able to obtain custom, higher cut, bifocal so that the vision correction rises up to the top of the panel/glareshield. I have searched high and low and have not found anywhere online that offers this, nor even a single image of such a lens.

I would be grateful to anyone who can point me to an online resource, or explain the specs of the lens in more technical detail so I can discuss with a local optician.

I don't react well to the warping that my progressives are causing me and traditional bifocals just don't cut it for me either.

Thanks!

Last edited by random dude; 06-09-2019 at 06:44 AM.