View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 01:18 PM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by hockeypilot44 View Post
This is false. I had an incident last week where I got a reroute that showed me getting in 9 minutes before having to extend. When I looked closer at rotation, I realized they had the flight attendants were scheduled for a 20 minute turn. Obviously our reroute went into the extension. I called crew tracking and the 24 hour ALPA line. I was told by both that it was a legal reroute and I wasn't rerouted into an extension but delayed into an extension.

These extensions are BS. They circumvent the safety recommendations of the research and effectively returned the length of duty to the pre-117 limitless day. You choose to extend, then hold or exceed the extension because of operational issues once airborne, next thing you know the duty day is way over the “limit.”

I actually believe the post about looking for people to make examples of. I called in fatigue one time years ago and ended up getting calls from 2 duty pilots and a chief pilot. The chief pilot was threatening my pay even though there was no legit threat as I was content getting paid for what I actually did (my call was at end of rotation when I was rerouted to fly instead of deadhead). Fatiguing out is absolutely more hassle than continuing.
Which you chose to extend into. My point was the reroute can’t be scheduled into the extension. In your case the 20 min turn was not realistic and could be argued was an illegal assignment because of the known delay. You should have stated you will not extend because there is no realistic estimate of the length of your duty, therefore no way to ensure you will be adequately fit for the undefined duty.