Old 04-15-2006, 11:00 AM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by Fly4Beer
Great another ALPA cave-in.... The top 10% screws the other 90% and the rest of the profession. Now every ALPA carrier can expect to get consessions without fear of a strike because ALPA leadership has shown their cards!!! I guess ALPA will have to raise dues to make up the difference once another pay cut is announced, you know ALPA leadership won't take a paycut from ALPA

Just what exactly were you expecting from the DAL MEC.......(if you are going to say ALPA cave at least point to the correct place)

The DAL MEC already offered (prior to strike vote) 100 million more in cuts verses MGTS further cut of 300+ million in cuts "take it or leave it offer".

Sounds similiar to NW's scenario..................

So if the DAL MEC was able to achieve a deal that was closer to their side and offers some other protections........where is the cave? I suggest you wait and see the details of the TA, but surely you weren't expecting DAL to get a pay raise initially ..............were you ? Maybe they acheived some snap backs later down the road. But lets wait and see.

Remember that both NW and specifically Delta in this case are in Bankruptcy!

That makes a Big difference when you are in negotiations...............

.I suspect that if the DAL MEC ( just like NW's) are not following the general direction of the membership as a whole this TA will fail membership ratification................If it passes then I don't think anyone one "caved".....................Striking is necessary as a last resort sometimes....................

If this TA fails membership ratification............I suspect that a strike might be their last option.

But that is just my opinion and ultimately it is the DAL Pilot's who make the call.................not ALPA not the MEC...........or non Delta Pilots on this forum!