View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 08:09 AM
Fit4Doody
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by KnockKnock View Post
If you’re not going to stand up for their pension, why should they stand up for our scope? Why should they worry themselves with section 25? They won’t be the ones to feel the effects of the ever growing outsourcing. Most of them will be long retired when the first 190’s “operated by Skywest”, start parking at our gates. So why should they give it a second thought? Most of them are already near the top of the list and get much better schedules than most of us so why would they ask to sacrifice negotiating capital on anything other than pension strength and pay increases. I live in base, commuter friendly lines are not necessarily my immediate concern. Should I not bother standing up for better schedules and commutability? If this is going to devolve into divided groups throwing each other under the bus, we may as well just sign a contract extension right now. Sadly, this thread is proof that managements propaganda is working all too well. We’ve already reached the “every man for himself” stage and negotiations just opened this week.... I was told that VX brought over 800 guys ready to fight for better?!?!
For what it’s worth the only regional out there that would be allowed to operate 190s is Horizon. Skywest can’t fly anything over 76 seats /85K GTOW due to scope restrictions for competing carriers (ie can’t fly 190s for AS if they’re doing business for DAL/UA/AA et al.