View Single Post
Old 06-13-2019, 01:56 PM
Kimo
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Small and slow

Originally Posted by aviatorhi View Post
Please don't try to tell me what I know or don't know. If someone lives in Hawaii already TXA is a perfectly acceptable stepping stone. APA is as well since they made some improvements (primarily in pay). I'm not sure how many hours the SD3s fly these days but it was easy to get 80+/month just a few years ago. I'd imagine the 737 would net you 40/month or so if they're flying it as much as they planned. The 757 at APA sees guys flying 70+ a month. Both these jobs beat flying a Scare-a-van over water 8 days a week.

Neither of these jobs are worth moving to Hawaii for, or paying a training fee for, though. Then again, nothing is worth moving to Hawaii for.
Ah ha ha ha
People that know better aren’t going to trans air or Asia pacific. They have been known to fire/discipline people for ridiculous reasons as is well documented in these chats. Nothing has “improved” at Transair or Asia Pacific. Ohana and Aloha are your better options if trying to get to Hawaiian. People have left transair and Asia pacific to go fly for Aloha and Ohana. Aloha has some big classes coming up and I believe ohana will too.