View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 12:34 PM
KnockKnock
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Learned, yes. Worked around??? Idk, we shouldn't have to. This contract is pretty horrible. Scheduling especially. Those work arounds are debatable and painful.
“Should have to or not”, is a separate issue. We can only work with what’s available right here right now. I learned this contract just like I would any contract and have been able to use what’s available to work in my favor. If you don’t, any contract has the potential to screw you over. Just like PBS vs. line bidding, without going into which is “better”, if you don’t bother to learn the system and figure out how to work with either one, both will burn your QOL. If the OP is he|| bent on being West Coast, AS is going to offer better long term basing options. This is a dynamic industry and contracts change. Living in or near your base usually alleviates many of the problems that cause a pilot to hate the contract. I live in base and don’t experience most of the headaches the commuters do. I’m not saying the problems don’t exist, I just don’t experience them. I’ve commuted under a very good contract and still hated every day I was there. That’s almost 10 years of stress induced hair loss! One last thought, pilots always seem to advise against the place they’re currently employed. Over on many a JB vs. OAL thread, JB pilots do the same thing.