View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Swakid8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by pilotnicco View Post
Lol, that's good. I needed the laugh.

The flow is 100% meterable AND reversible during times of furlough, and there are signs that AAG is already metering the flow to mainline. There is virtually no incentive for AAG to flow pilots. Why pay you more, when they can pay you less and keep you there. If you read the ENY contract, which discusses flow, you can see that the flow reduces to 25% of AA new hire slots meterable to 15%, after the protected pilots, the first 824 pilots on property flow. The flow is a joke, and it's another reason why ENY will just be another Mesa with make-up on. To those who elect to go there in order to personally advance themselves, they keep the bar lowered for the entire industry.

The AA WO pilots get to enjoy at all what they have thanks to the pilots at Republic, Skywest, and Endeavor. if it wasn't for those pilot groups, the starting pay would still be $26/hr.
That so called metering as you call it was a deal done between AAG and and the protected pilot group from Arbitration. Originally, the pilot group outside of 824 didn’t have the flow until it was later negotiated back into the contract in 2014.

It isn’t really metering now is it if it was already designed to decrease from the get go. There are no signs of the flow being metering at one bit. AA has been taking on the amount of flow guys that need to be taken on since their I g hiring picked up and the only reason why they haven’t flow guys is when they didn’t have a new hire class. (December is usually the month this happens). Also, didn’t be surprised to see PSA flow increase as well down the line, I have a strong feeling it is going to happen, and if that happens (there goes your flow metering theory).

So stop ✋ it with your fake news about signs of AA metering the flow....

To the op, my advice is to just treat the flow at a backup plan in the back pocket while trying to get hired off the street. Treat as you are playing with house money.....