View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Flyby1206
SDQ Base Chief

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I understand that other than some churn at the very bottom, nobody ever leaves... so seniority progression would depend on upgrades, which mostly depend on retirements (maybe there will be attrition over the next few years). I personally never applied to JB for that reason, and also due to the risk of being in the only west coast base, and a small one at that. But somebody from JB could elaborate on that better than I.

There is no conceivable difference between JB and AS which would cause me to do a transcon commute long-term, or even risk having to do one long-term.
Correct. JetBlue is an east coast airline and they focus on people living in JFK/BOS and where they want to go. LGB is basically a reliever base for when the east coast weather goes to crap and they need help covering transcons when guys time out due to delays.

Being a JB LGB newhire means you are willing to sacrifice not upgrading for a decade beyond when you could upgrade on the east coast. Yes, things could change, but we at JB have seen our west coast strategy decline and have lost slots in LGB overall. If you value QOL and $$$ then go to an airline that has a better west coast presence.