View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 08:30 PM
Jma313
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by Aviationaviator View Post
I don’t think it’s smart to vote for PBS just to get reserve times down. Yes there are a lot of people on reserve. Yes reserve sucks. How about we get some better reserve rules then.
I know we just got the bucket system, but it doesn’t seem like people are very happy with it.

If we vote for PBS and reserve times go down (they already aren’t that bad compared to some other places- bid for a junior base and SAP unless you live in base imo) then you will not sit reserve as much but guess what, when you’re off reserve your scheduling options won’t be nearly as good or guaranteed as with the SAP we have now, unless you’re senior. Even places that have “sap” (that’s reserve grid dependent- I could see that being the language for us) and PBS say it far favors the senior guys, junior guys get shafted.

I just hope whatever the pilot group accepts with PBS is something amazing because I do believe PBS will get voted in for the reasons you listed- all the reserve guys + people thinking it will be better than SAP (it won’t)
I’ve had both and I agree with you, however reserve times are climbing rapidly across the board here and the higher that number climbs the more desperate guys on reserve will be to get off reserve.