View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 08:49 PM
Stratapilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007

Swapping a garbage reserve line for a garbage round 1 line you can’t adjust purely for the sake of having a round 1 line is no way to go through life.

Sometimes it’s best to be patient.

LOA 14 was supposed to be an “improvement”. How’s that workin’ out? If past performance can be used as a predictor of future results, I have absolutely no reason to believe that the pilot group would benefit from PBS in the way some here think that they would. In my experience with PBS, the top 10-15% will get what they want everybody else will get SOME of what they want but it’s wrapped in to a 75 hour line with 12 days off. They have no idea HOW they got the line that they did, and there’s no quality open time trips left to improve what they have.

I’d be happy to eat crow if it turns out that PBS would improve the number and quality of the lines. However, right now there’s no evidence to suggest that it would. Until the day comes where there’s evidence to support an improvement I’ll always be dead set against it, if only out of a lack of trust.