Thread: FedEx Schedules
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 01:52 PM
HIREME
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: CA

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
3,019 posts later - some leg pulling going on. I think Chip has a grip on the schedules - unless this site counts Facebook logging perhaps. I don’t know, I have no FB account. $, Cargo, Pax, legs, Reserve, Flying you enjoy - Everyone has their lifestyle requirements/wants. No outfit is perfect, but I’m pretty sure the upper portions (seniority) have a great or decent life comparatively speaking.

i.e. - I’m not a HuB turn type, nor domestic hopper at this time of my life. When I get my hover round and First Alert, I’ll probably stay closer to home. To each their own, everyone knows what they prefer, but many have greater responsibilities than others - such is life!
I’ll bite. In my experience, there’s a schedule for everyone relatively soon after you’re here. I live in base and prefer day flying. I had afternoon out and backs after a little over half a year on property.

I’ve tried AMs and hated them. I could hold weekend layovers after 6ish months as well and they are a fun change of pace...I pretty much could hold the type of schedule I wanted to hold after 6-8 mos in on the 75. If you want specific trips (a particular layover/out and back)you need to stay on the 75 for over a year and you will be able to get a top 20 choice in a typical month (generally speaking). You sacrifice the WB $$$ but at FedEx, you get to choose $$$ vs QOL.

I believe we have the most options out there when it come to QOLvs$$$.