View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 03:28 PM
AirborneGuy
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by captjns View Post
Both flexibility and portability is must, especially, for an individual looking for a position with an airline. Upon reaching that 500 hour milestone, you’ll start building quality time, if you’re able to secure a position with Amerilight First Officer Program.

After a couple of years experience, with command time under the belt, you’ll then be marketable with regional, if not the majors, depending on their needs, and requirements.

Either way AirborneGuy don’t turn down any offer that offers consistent time building, in a multi engined turbine aircraft.

Enjoy the career.
Thank you so much. My wife and I are now planning to relocate pretty much anywhere, I can get on in the right seat. Thanks for the advice!

Originally Posted by SSlow View Post
Depending on finances, knock out the rest of your training as quickly as you can and build experience in whatever you can before the next downturn, because it's coming sooner than later IMO. I found myself fresh out of college with a wet commercial and CFI during the last recession/age 65 rule change, and trust me it is not a place you want to be.
I have the GI Bill from the Military and I am hoping that takes care of the instrument, commercial and multi engine, I would like to get it all done ASAP. Then I will need the hours, which seems to be the tough part. Thanks for the advise