Thread: Part 121 or 135
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 04:54 PM
DarkSideMoon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by Fonzo View Post
Ok, I have a total of 4000 hours, 2900 of those are helicopter hours, 1100 fixed wing, 800 hours of those are jet hours on EMB-135/145 Legacy.
Would appreciate some golden advise from you guys as I will be making a big transition.
Q1. Is NetJet a good choice over regionals for start up (had the good pay of NJA in mind over low pay regionals)
Q2. Would flying for Netjets get me in the majors or Legacies after say 500-1000 hours part 135 rather than 1000 part 121
Q3. What is the best and shortest way airline to fly for to get to the mainline.
Q4. Which Aircraft would NJA put me on with my experience
Q5. Is the interview for regionals as hard as the material they send and do you have to know all of it
Thank you so much in advance!
Q1- I made 96k my first year at the regionals, likely 75k my second year and then back up to the high 90’s- 115ish third year. Not sure what NetJets is paying but it’s hardly low pay at the regionals now.
Q2 no idea
Q3 no “shortest way” or “guaranteed way” anywhere. Flow at an AA wholly owned is looking like 6-8 years if nothing happens. Common mantra is if you have a degree and a clean record go to whatever regional will let you upgrade quickest and build 1000 121 TPIC.
Q4 no idea
Q5 depends on the regional. The more desirable, the tougher the interview. Some places will hire you if you can fog a mirror.