Thread: DAL Class drops
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 07:05 AM
Gunfighter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Fangs is spot on. The implied direct relationship between pay rate and seniority is false. It fails to consider other QOL factors. NYC 7ER was a new hire airplane because of 24hr short calls. Changes in utilization also impact seniority. Moving from 17 hour 3 day trips to 10:30 un-commutable 2 day trips will impact the natural seniority order. DTW 777 was senior to LAX or ATL, because all trips started and finished with a DH. It was a commuters dream. Many factors outside of pay rate impact seniority of a category.

Every category we have is in natural seniority order, based on the factors in place at the time of the bid. QOL and seat locks can impact the natural order of things. Can we define better terms for what people actually mean when they say artificially junior or out of seniority?

Artificially junior = Junior by QOL
Out of Seniority = I wanted the bid someone junior to me was just awarded, but didn't bother to bid it because I didn't think it would go that junior, so now I'm whining about it. We can use "Whining" for brevity.