Thread: Class drops..
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 12:39 PM
Chemtrail Dispenser..

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
Well, I’d be SOL
I took that as simply meaning you'll be starting out in the hole with @20 guys in front of you so last choice and lower seniority for ever.. And the Airbus went the most junior in a lot of the classes this year.

Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Good God, you’re getting a 757 slot for your first assignment at an “airline” and folks act like they’re being sent to the Gulags in Siberia. The 757 at FedEx, right out of the gate, is a great place to be. You’ll advance quickly in terms of relative seniority in the right seat and you’ll have the opportunity to bid out of the seat in a little over a year, worst case scenario, and move to a wide body. I did 3 years in the right seat of the 757 and had a good time (all the while on widebody pay) and flew with several captains who sat sideways working the panel before even seeing the right seat at FedEx.
If the 75 is so good and you're on WB pay, then why did you leave it?

It's all relative. If the payscales were reversed, I wonder how many senior people would stay on the 75? Probably not many.. lol..

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
In retrospect, you’re 10000% right. 757 wouldn’t be my first choice, but not the worst option out there.
Originally Posted by coryk View Post
757 is the BEST first airplane at FedEx, IMO. Quickest movement and you get to see the “worst” of our flying. The guys who go straight to the 777, oh boy... good luck with your first hub turn, haha. They are so spoiled..
Why would anyone on the 777 ever have to do a hub turn?

There are a lot of people that would rather sit at the bottom of the list on the 777 then be 10% on the 75. Its all about preferences.

But thats whats great about FDX as there is a schedule type for just about everyone.