Thread: New Hire Pay
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 06:52 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by BIGRIG View Post
New hires got almost a 50% raise when the new contract got signed a few years back. We all thought that we were helping out the junior guys. Like Beech1980 said, it was $30/hr. It’s not some war story “I had it harder than you.” It’s the fact that New hire pay went up $18/hr and we thought that was a big gain for our new guys. And there is nothing in the contract saying that the company can’t raise first year pay unilaterally.

It’s always management’s fault because “...there is nothing in the contract saying that the company can’t raise first year pay unilaterally,”

GMAFB! I doubt seriously if there is anything in the contract that says that management can’t raise ANY of your payscales unilaterally. Do they do that real often? No, I didn’t think so. So cut the BS. You can’t blame this just on management.

Newbie payscales suck because THE REST OF THE PILOT GROUP isn’t willing to spend a nickel of THEIR negotiating capital on the quality of life of the newbies.

Bad enough your new hires have got to cover their own housing costs during training, which even the lowliest of the regionals are doing these days, but they are doing that at little more than first year regional payscales, less than that when you consider the better work rules and per diem at most regionals. Oh yeah, and new hire BONUSES.

Worse still that their fellow pilots don’t care enough about their future colleagues for them to fight for these things or them. Not the way to build solidarity in the pilot group.

I agree with the previous poster. The only reason to come here would be to get a type rating and run.