View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 10:47 PM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by WmuGrad07 View Post
Worst retirement that you know of? You're not looking at the regionals then! Charter? Corporate? Your own? So we cap out at 10k a year on 5%. You can't hit that until you're over 200k. How many captains do you have over 200k? I'd say most, if not every single one of ours are there; if not they're close.
I know nothing of Corporate or Charter. If that's what you want to compare yourself to then have at it. I bet there are jobs like that with better retirement than what ACMI offers. Regionals... I don't know much about either. If you're proud of having a slightly better retirement than Mesa then I'm glad you're happy. I'm pretty educated on ACMI retirements, Spirit, Jet Blue, Southwest, The Legacies, and the two big cargo airlines. Your contract is behind all of those by Millions of dollars in your career.... Except for the ACMI ones where you're only slightly behind.

The point was that DW wasn't holding you back from better contract language. Actually... You're proving my point. You're thrilled with your contract. I'm pretty sure DW thinks it's not a great contract. You'd have gladly accepted less because your retirement is better than Air Wisconsin's... You're thrilled with the work rules too despite most of them being behind Atlas's antiquated contract... Your pilot group voted yes overwhelmingly to something DW would've voted no on.

I left Atlas. I don't see them getting a Retirement that makes it worth working there because none of the other ACMI carriers have anything that make it worth sticking around. If everyone voted with their feet then it'd change... But yall are happy and that's is a beautiful thing.