View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 04:13 AM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
To expand on this, DW wasn't technically holding you all back, you all were holding DW back.

Nothing emotionally attached with this statement. It is just the reality of the situation. But as Globemaster pointed out, if you all are good with that, we are all happy for you.
You couldn’t be any more wrong. TA was complete. At last minute DW scuttled TA using agreement letter from Southern 737 debacle. He introduced 18 hour max double crew duty day as a brand new item to be negotiated. He then stopped K4 pilot group from voting on TA. K4 group was forced to waste time and money appealing all the way to the top of the Teamsters for relief which was not granted. Feds finally got involved for a settlement and a 1 year moratorium on the work rules which was then arbitrated.

Here is the thing on the work rules. We had 30 hrs. We negotiated to 24, which was what we wanted, so we didn’t get stuck in hostile zones because of duty day AND the company would be able to bid the military trips and make a profit. SO, we were forced to work under the 30 hour and other old work rules for a year. Guess what happened when we went to what was an expensive arbitration, paid for by our pilot group, not 1224 BTW? We were awarded the originally agreed upon work rules.

Why was this done to us? To advance the cause of Atlas negotiations. I took a 30,000.00+ pay loss because of this bull crap.

Interesting thing here. I read AAWW pilots on here rightfully complaining that they did not get to vote on their last contract and that they may not get to vote on this one. I agree this is bad. Wonder why it was OK for Atlas thru DW to do that to us?

One of the advantages of ALPA is that a local is not forced to borrow money from the Teamsters and then pay it back for negotiations. Is ALPA perfect? Not at all, but way better that the financially and morally corrupt 747 and now the morally corrupt 1224*.

*my opinion only