View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 04:19 AM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
You're coming into this argument late... The quote that started all of this was something like "DW held us back..."

FACT - You wanted to vote yes on your contract that has the worst retirement that I know of. While we're at it we can talk about monthly guarantee, duty day, Trip Rig, days of service and unpaid 24-7s. I'm fully aware retirement wasn't a priority of K4 pilots, but there were a slew of things DW took issue with that your group had zero problem with. Retirement was used by me as the glaring example. My understanding is that you wanted a Rate that was branded as "FedEx's Old Contract". That's all you really cared about at that time.

FACT - DW held back that contract in an attempt to get you more with regard to work rules... Meaning shorter duty days... etc...

Since DW wanted more for your contract than your pilot group did how did he hold you back? If memory serves correct about 90% of yall were yes votes. Connie could've had you for far less if it weren't for DW. Yall wanted the Rate and you wanted it then after a long hard fight.

Best of luck in the next negotiation. ACMI is far behind the rest of the Industry and I sincerely hope yall are ready to push to fix these problems. Atlas may be counting on you to get gains because I agree with yall that there is a statistical chance you get a contract first. I tell people to go to K4... It's a better deal.
I truly do not expect you to understand the difference between working at AAWW and K4. Different culture and different desires in a contract by their respective pilot groups. I can only guarantee 2 things regarding K4’s next contract. It will not be the same as UPS, and you will not think it is good enough.😀 That’s ok, I can live with both. Our group is free of 1224 and free to negotiate our own path driven by the desires of OUR pilot group.