Thread: New Hire Pay
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 06:52 AM
smellson
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
Absolutely correct. The pilot group as a whole needs to stop considering this some sort of rite of passage or fraternity initiation. Otherwise they should expect no more solidarity from their junior people than they themselves have shown them.

Why would they care about - for instance - pensions? They are thirty plus years from retirement. And Sunny may not even last that long. Maybe they should vote for only packages with high FO wages so they can get the most they can while they are building a resume to get them to a legacy? And screw the old f@rts, because the old f@rts certainly didn’t take care of them.

Is that the sort of camaraderie and unity you want in a pilot group? Because that’s the kind you are asking for with this first year pay.
Lol. You sure do have a lot of beef with the first year pay. Did you not know what it was when you accepted the job? Sounds like first yr pay went up 50% on the last contract. I'm assuming that's larger than any other years increase. Every airlines first yr pay is significantly less than second and it doesn't look like Sunny's is out of line considering all their other rates. I don't work for sunny anymore, but to say all the senior dudes/dudettes are throwing the new people under the bus is a bit of a stretch. I don't think many people at sunny in general expect/demand what other 737 operaters do. Sunny is what it is....a place to make an ok living with an ok quality of life.