Thread: 321 xlr
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 08:55 AM
jamesholzhauer
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by ThreeStripe View Post
I know pricing is different for every carrier, but does anyone have any insight as to what the price difference could be between the LR and XLR? It makes sense to me to convert every LR order to XLR to give flexibility for future route growth. Are they removing seats or payload to accommodate the extra fuel or something? Looking for some education. Thanks.
No idea on the price difference...as actual prices paid are never really disclosed. JetBlue’s LRs (and LON) begin in 2021. XLR EIS isn’t until 2023...that is (I believe) why JB is keeping the LR order. Should still be good for LON in the winter. And the LR can also go north/south ok and be of use.

Differences:
Has a permanent rear center tank for more fuel; this holds more fuel than several optional additional center tanks previously did, while taking up less space in the cargo hold, making more space for baggage and cargo
Has a modified landing gear for an increased maximum takeoff weight of 101 metric tons
Has an optimized wing trailing-edge flap configuration to preserve the same takeoff performance and engine thrust requirements as today’s A321neo