View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 12:22 PM
Inclined plane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Default Here Comes Swayne

Originally Posted by henryjj View Post
Here’s a question. Do you honestly think his videos have enough pull to determine the success or failure of a contract worth tens of millions of dollars over time? I seriously doubt it. And if he does, he shouldn’t be a regional airline pilot.

So by your rationale, no single person affects any real change, is that it?

So do you advocate littering as well, since your garbage thrown out the window driving down the highway won’t completely destroy the environment single handedly, correct?

Your logic is flawed. You are attempting to rationalize poor decision making, into not being that big of a deal.

The point is that regardless of whether or not it has a severely negative impact against our pilots during a time of pay negotiations, it doesn’t matter. It’s still not the decent thing to do, because it may potentially harm Pilots by helping recruitment during pay negotiations.

Furthermore, the company is on record directly linking newhire numbers to whether or not they’d raise the pay, so I’d say yes it is entirely possible that a YouTuber could actually influence said contract worth tens of millions over time. Note that I merely said possible.

Last edited by Inclined plane; 06-20-2019 at 12:59 PM.