View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 03:20 PM
aeroengineer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by StandardBrief View Post
As long as you meet the minimums for the position in question you should be considered. Bare minimums for SIC are 1000 total time and 500 hours PIC time. Those are hard numbers, unable to be waived by the company due to government required minimums.
Found this in DCMA 8210.

4.3.3. Engineering Test, Check Flights, and all other flights.
4.3.3.1. Pilot. The pilot must be qualified in mission, type, design, and if appropriate, series of aircraft. The pilot must have not less than 1,000 hours Pilot-in-Command time. In addition,
4.3.3.1.1. For fighter, attack, and trainer aircraft, the Pilot-in-Command time must include 100 hours in the same aircraft type and design.
4.3.3.1.2. The Pilot-in-Command time for other aircraft must include 300 hours in similar aircraft type.
4.3.3.2. Copilot. The copilot must have not less than 500 hours Pilot-in-Command time and be qualified in mission, type, design, and if appropriate, series aircraft.

A lot of numbers above that show up as common across OCONUS ISR positions/operators so no real surprise they're hard requirements

I did see today two L3 SIC OCONUS Afghanistan Positions where one required 1700 tt fixed wing with 1000 PIC and the second 1000 tt fixed wing with 500 PIC. No reason I could see for the difference other than maybe their individual contract requirements. Substantial increase for sure though I admit I'm a little surprised they're up in todays hiring environment.