View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 06:38 PM
FullThrust
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by Firefighterpilo View Post
Thank you for proving my point. You are brand new to the industry and have no idea what it really means to fly for a living in the airlines. You are the exact person spouting off the exact stuff I was talking about. You know nothing about the ins and outs of this career except for what you see on his videos, and as shown above you preach it like gospel.

I was flying the not to long ago where pilots were getting paid $20,000 a year sitting on reserve at a regional for 5-7 years. How did management get away with such low salaries and QOL? Because people like you would see videos like this and say “gee golly I want to fly shiny jets and travel in a cool uniform.”

Trust me fella you are new to this game. Check back in when you have been in this career and seen yourself and friends take pay cuts or lose jobs because someone is always willing to fly you plane for cheaper. Your attitude will change..

I am all for him being enthusiastic and loving what he does that is refreshing. But when guys like you, straight out of training tell me videos like this are helping you prepare for the career I become worried. This is literally the blind leading the blind,

You have no idea how bad this career was a few short years ago but as long as people still line up to fly “cool” jets management did and could again get away with racing this profession to the bottom.

What you fail to realize is the only reason salaries and QOL improvements have been happening is because of the pilot shortage, that management created with their own greed. These regional jets he so loves only exists because executives found guys willing to fly mainline routes and mainline legs for pennies on the dollar.

I am excited for him and all the new pilots entering the career it is a good time. but it also was in August 2001, things change and they change quick. We as a profession, need you new guys to know the true reality that this career can bring so you have all the facts.

This is nothing against who he is as a person or pilot. Either way he is just a YouTube guy, he is not hurting anything and enjoying himself, but a lot of us come from a time where these “types” of propaganda greatly undermined this amazing profession, and we are gun shy. I believe rightfully so.

By no mean am I trying to attack you or say your belief is wrong. I just want to educate you where some of us are coming from. Fly safe!
The only reason management got away with such crappy pay and QOL is because you applied and accepted the job. Yet here you are on your high horse giving someone a hard time for the exact same thing you did (for less money and QOL even). Perspective.