Thread: Class drops..
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 11:37 PM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by King Julian View Post
Would you mind expanding on what kind of schedule differences are there between those aircraft? My impression of FedEx 757s is that I see them all the places I used to see 727s. The 767 not as much? Is the 757 basically the domestic hub-turn workhorse of the operation at this point? Would it be safe to assume, in addition to the lower pay rate, the majority of that aircraft's flying are those serious night-shift runs through MEM that earlier posters were describing?
You definitely get a better schedule with the 767.

On the 757 you'll get more two leg AM out and backs or 3 leg hub turns. Most of the 767 days seem to be one or two legs max. I am new on the 767.

On the 767 you see a little more international and that's going to be expanding. VCP is a 767 trip and they're going to be starting to do Atlantic crossings in it soon. There's also some lines now where you commercial to Paris and fly out of there for a week and then commercial home. Keep in mind that all of that is super senior. It is expanding though. You might be able to hold it on a secondary in 3 or 4 years.