Old 06-21-2019, 07:21 PM
propilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012

Originally Posted by Douglas89 View Post
I am flying about 3-4 times per week. I am sitting around 16 hours. Started my first lesson on 5/15/19. I am going to try and maintain 3-4 lessons per week for the duration of all my training.

This past Wednesday we were practicing touch and go's. They were definitely better than the last time, but still not great.

One video I recently watched may of helped (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv5HEJCyTuk) I spoke with my CFI about looking all the way down to the end of the runway during flare. I feel like it is too far and he agreed. I was trying to look out but not quite as far...about 500'-600'. The landings were better.... was it because of that? Or maybe a combination of several other factors? Not sure...

To make things more interesting there was a police chase that ended right near the airport. There were 2 news choppers hovering about 400' west of the final approach. Tower was managing all the traffic, but it was pretty close. We were probably around 400' west of him and maybe 100' above. We probably did at least 3-4 touch and go's with them there.

I am able to handle all the radio calls while flying pattern now. Now that I can fly pattern a little bit easier, it has released some brain power to talk with tower more easily when they make us extend a downwind, 360, etc.
Look down to the end. It will eliminate the ground rush effect which is probably causing you to overcompensate during the round out. You’ll be pleasantly surprised how quickly your landings will fix themselves.