Thread: Class drops..
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 09:35 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by coryk View Post
Just gonna also come out and say this... but you still would be living in MEMPHIS. No way I'd willingly live there or raise a family there, no matter how great the QOL bump would be. But, that's what's great about this job too, you can commute and it doesn't really feel like commuting. I know this because I did it at the regionals and another major pax airline, and it sucked! Not so much here.

Sure you can live in Memphis and convince yourself it's ok... or not. The choice is yours.

I'm a commuter and haven't flown in 2 weeks either... beard was YUUUUGE.
I'm glad you're happy where ever you're living and commuting. I love Memphis and there aren't many places I'd rather live. We're building a massive house in the suburbs and we pay no state income tax. The schools are great out here. The cost of living is the lowest I know of in America. There's no crime where I live. The weather is like I'm use to having lived in Texas, Mississippi and Alabama. I've lived in the South East or Texas my entire life. I love it here. I probably would have no interest in living where you live, so it works great for both of us. I wouldn't want to fly a double dead head trip out of your town that has me hub turning every night.

Again... It's what I love about my job. You're happy commuting and I'm happy here in Memphis. There's something for everyone.