Thread: 321 xlr
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2019, 07:15 PM
IrishNJ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: Back in right seat

Originally Posted by Bluedriver View Post
How do you not understand the difference between a 757 and an XLR? If one of Americans 757s gets stuck at an outstation, they can sub any other ETOPS 757. That's not true of an XLR. If it gets stuck in a wx groundstop or gets hours behind schedule, the XLR flight gets cancelled or runs hours late because they can't just sub another A321.

Not to mention, these will have 24-30 Mint seats with all aisle access and set up for premium long-haul... You gonna send that down on an MCO turn?
Not sure what you're saying here (meaning I'm open to learning something new) . I don't know anything about American but if I remember correctly; Continental had 757's with 255,000 LBs MTOW while United’s are only 240,000 so basically they can't use United's 757's to bail out any Europe mx cancellations.

Similarly, in the case of JB, you keep your spare XLR/LR doing BOS-MCO turns and if there's an issue you use it for Europe and replace that tail on the BOS-MCO route with your spare all-core 321. I don't see the difference.

Last edited by IrishNJ; 06-22-2019 at 07:28 PM.