Thread: 321 xlr
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 04:57 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by IrishNJ View Post
Not sure what you're saying here (meaning I'm open to learning something new) . I don't know anything about American but if I remember correctly; Continental had 757's with 255,000 LBs MTOW while United’s are only 240,000 so basically they can't use United's 757's to bail out any Europe mx cancellations.

Similarly, in the case of JB, you keep your spare XLR/LR doing BOS-MCO turns and if there's an issue you use it for Europe and replace that tail on the BOS-MCO route with your spare all-core 321. I don't see the difference.
My basic point is the XLR aircraft, unless JB has a 4th configuration just for South America, will be set up for European Mint. It will have 24-30 Mint lie-flat seats and a "revised Core Experience" (whatever that means). And because of its range capabilities, if it gets stuck in afternoon thunderstorms and groundstops in JFK/BOS, you cannot substitute any other A321 on the mission.

So the configuration is all wrong for a JFK/BOS turn and it puts the long-haul flights at risk. I don't see them doing that. Could be wrong obviously.