View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 06:58 AM
JimLaheyTPS
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by spaaks View Post
Yeah, I bring it up to get multiple perspectives. #1 as I said before, it’s not even an option at AA or DL...
Is the pain of sitting global reserve worth the extra $40k/yr you’d make? In good times like now vs in the next downturn where there’s nothing but attrition (no vacancy bids)?

I can’t be the only one wondering If delta might not be the top dog anymore. Fly a A220 or 717 for $136-160/hr for the first 6 years or have the opportunity to move up to a much higher paying widebody seat much sooner at united (I know that difference has always been there, but the disparity seems much bigger now that sub 2yr widebody FO at United is a reality). I don’t think you can even hold the 757 in 2 years at delta?
Spaaks, I think you’re focusing too much on pay rates with the widebody stuff. I firmly believe a pilot of similar longevity on the narrow body can make just as much if not more than their friend sitting reserve on the wide body. There are lots of little Easter eggs a line holder can use to make incredible cash all while really not working THAT hard to do it. Plus you have some control over your schedule and know when you are flying and when you are going to be home. Can’t put a price on that.