View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 03:38 PM
coryk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
I am weighing both United and FedEx and would love your perspective. I'll likely commute for either one, although, based on where I'll be living, the commute to SFO/DEN/LAX would be much easier than to MEM with FedEx. I hear commuting to FedEx is the most flexible in the business, but is that enough to offset the longer distance, crazy night hours, etc?
I worked at, and have commuted to both UAL and now FDX. ATL-EWR at UAL (rsv) and SoCal (now AUS) to MEM at FDX.

FDX, hands down, easiest commuting job out there.

UAL was a "cooler" job. Variety, daytime flying, mingle with FA's and be a social human being in the daytime.

But... can't really complain at FDX either. 2 years here, holding all daytime flying as a 757 FO, all trips are double dead-heads Mon-Wed. Only fly day is Tuesday. First and last days I'm sitting on AA drinking Woodford. Yes, being junior at FDX sucks harder, but with a little time the QOL increase significantly. I was only on rsv at UAL, and with aggressive pickup, that made it much more doable for me. Never got to taste a % above the G Line.

Good options to have! Enjoy!