Thread: System Bid
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 05:20 PM
jamesholzhauer
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
I agree with everything you said James. But I think his point was that many of the companies that have some of the best PS now, Had that PS negotiated during a BK. That also included a furlough. There is no correlation for current times.

Maybe if we’d have voted it down we’d have gotten better PS? Maybe better signing bonus? Maybe if we had voted in JBPA back in 2009 we’d be in a better position? Maybe if we’d have voted in ALPA 1.0 we’d be in a better spot.
We got what we got when we got it.

Ya know it sucks we couldn’t get it all in the first run. We asked they said no....
We’ll get em next time...
Frankly I’m a hardline union supporter.
But this is a marathon. Not a sprint. And it’s certainly not a one shot one kill deal. I don’t think you’ll find many guys who think it shouldn’t be better. They’re out there. But there’s not many. But Rome wasn’t built in a day and we’ve got a long row to hoe.
I mostly agree. I just don’t see HB’s position being what you described...if that’s what he meant then fine, it was just poorly worded imo. I also don’t agree with the notion that good PS has to be negotiated in BK or during a furlough, or any other hard times, as PS is directly tied to the current financial state of the company. Doesn’t even require a concessionary contract to pay $0 in PS in the bad times. That said, I’m also a rates over PS kind of guy (for that reason). But I think from an operational standpoint PS would help the company (fuel burn/efficiency) and help the abomination that mgmt/labor relations has become. It was a shortsighted money grab by the c suite to pay for the CBA while getting murdered by Wall Street. Lastly, I do hope JB pilots do get them next time and get a much better CBA, with PS, in 2022.