Old 06-24-2019, 11:23 PM
G550Guy
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: MD-11 FO

It’s no surprise that UPS will step over a dollar to pick up a dime. But running things “lean” is what enabled the company to survive 110 years in a business that has seen its share of competitors.

I’ve mentioned this before and it deserves a repeat... UPS can take one of those big brown delivery trucks (aka Package Cars) and change out an engine, transmission, 4 new tires and a headlight before the driver shows up for work at 0700. Try doing that with a $75,000 Mercedes Sprinter Van.

While I have the typical laundry list of gripes about my job... watching the company spend money frivolously, or making absurd global business decisions aren’t on the list.

FedEx is in trouble... and Fred/Wall Street know it. They’ve been leveraged for years and their own investors have said quit spending money for over a year now. But who knows, I make no claim to being an intelligent investor or Logistics mastermind.

I do wonder what color you get when you mix Pullman Brown/Yellow & Purple/Orange. Stranger things have happened. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk