Thread: DAL Class drops

sailingfun , 06-25-2019 05:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2008
Quote: I can only see back to May, but... They are NOT the same. At. All. The few NY 330 trips ARE commutable - on both ends. And there are MANY times the number of LAX 2-days on the 400, with two pre 0730 departures daily versus a handful (well under one per day) on the 330. Heck, there were 43 trips left in open time alone in June on the 400, more than double the TOTAL number of 330 trips in any of the last three months. The bottom 12 line-holders had almost exclusively non-commutable two-day trips...

When a category that has historically exclusively been 3-day 17-21 hour trips (4 a month) goes to mostly crappy domestic non-commutable two days (meaning 6-7 a month) for the junior guys/gals, it tends to drive the category artificially more junior that it was/would have been. All because Marketing drives the ship. (Which the company has every right to do, btw, it just sucks for us)

Just a little different situation to the 330.
The commutable two days the 330 had for 2 months. I am referring to the 7AM sign in with a 8:20PM return the next day. We have had it off and on for several years. Had it all last fall. We seemed to have split it about evenly with the 400. I doubt one trip in the bid package has much effect on how people bid. The 330 and the 400 have been going more junior because of movement across the board. The 330 also had similar SFO trips.
I suppose to appease the pilot group Delta could pull out of the high dollar trans con market. Wonder what the forum would say about that?