View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 09:00 AM
usmc-sgt
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by GH95 View Post
If I had a few thousand hours in the left seat of the A320 (talking 5-6000 hours total) do you not think that would make me competitive enough for applying to the majors? If not, what about somewhere in the middle ground like JetBlue?

As far as the degree goes, we don’t generally do 4 year bachelor degrees over here, they are 3 years unless you do a masters afterwards. But I could check with some airlines at some point as it’s from an accredited university over here.

Thanks for the advice!
That’s a different question, and the answer is yes. If you had 5-6000 hours of PIC in the left seat of a 320, plus the 1700 you already have TT PLUS the 3000 more hours you have before you even get to the left seat...you’d be close to 10-11,000 hours tt with 5-6000 hours pic in a bus. You would then be competitive for a legacy.

Is this a 10 year plan or a now plan? If it’s a now plan, you’re going to a regional. There is almost zero scenario any legacy touches you, to include the majors like Jetblue, spirit etc. Like none, so don’t even consider it. If this is a short term goal, pick a regional with a flow and get into the left seat ASAP. If you flow, great. In the meantime you build time and once you hit roughly 5000 hours you’ll be in the approximate ballpark of competitive.