View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 01:36 PM
FlytheSky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by VIRotate View Post
I must have been on vacation all of 2018 and 2019 because I don’t remember that happening.

All these rumors. The sky isn’t falling right now. I’ll believe Envoy is opening an LAX base when I see their pilots walking around LA. I’ll believe we lose our Delta flying when I see our first jet get Skywest repainted on the side. It’s all just speculation. I heard this, so and so said that. Who cares until it actually happens. Get your time and get it out. If you’re getting a pay check and flight time, everything is fine.
This. Besides, I don't think a soul comes to Compass who DOESN'T have their apps out everywhere! I think you can count on one hand the number of "pilot lifers" on the entire seniority list. And even those guys aren't going to be heartbroken if Compass goes out of business. No one comes to Compass wanting to spend more time here. Everyone coming to Compass knows the risks of coming here, but also the huge potential for reward too, and so far that risk has paid off. Tons of guys have moved on, and even those that haven't get to enjoy lots more seniority in bases than you would anywhere else.

Speaking of vacation in 2018, didn't Compass take away vacations in November/December that year?