View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 08:37 PM
Big E 757
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: A320 Left seat

Originally Posted by Trip7 View Post
Who is we? The majority of the pilot group didn't ask for the Bartelization of the Policy Manual. Eventually rational folks will undo all this silliness

The KLM and Virgin JVs enhanced Scope and provided significant downside protection. Those LOAs likely would have passed MEMRAT. Those airlines grew but not at our expense. Delta stayed flat and grew significantly domestically where money was raining. Next couple years you will see international growth now that the domestic network is robust and very profitable. In other words the reverse Pan Am

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Forgive me if I’m misreading your post, because I don’t know exactly what you’re talking about, but I think you’re talking about our contract negotiations. Actual work done during section 6 that enhanced our scope language. I’m talking about the days where Letters of agreement, that significantly adjusted our contract language, often to the benefit of the company, were voted on by the MEC, without input or opinion from the pilot group.

Yes, the KLM/AF/VA language has improved, by virtue of section 6 negotiations. Back in the 2001-2009 time frame, I can’t remember when we got memory Rat for LOA’s, the MEC had Carte Blanche (sp?) power to agree to changes in the contract. Having mem rat to have a voice in contract changes, no matter how trivial, is very important to all of us, no matter how trivial the LOA may seem.

This is one of those “ask us how we know” situations. There is a very good reason we have Mem Rat for all contract changes now. And my darn auto correct keeps capitalizing the M and R. But it hasn’t changed the Mem to memory. Sorry SF. I still love you, brother.

Last edited by Big E 757; 06-26-2019 at 08:48 PM.