Thread: Berry Aviation
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 11:08 AM
pilotboy10
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: Full time contractor

Originally Posted by dmk1984 View Post
Captain minimums are 1800/400 but higher times are of course preferred. Also preferred is previous cargo/135 experience. All FO and Captain applicants do an FTD screening as part of the interview process.

Berry is headquartered in San Marcos, TX (HYI) but our second largest pilot domicile/Mx base is CAK. When fully staffed CAK has 6 crews. (HYI has 7 crews.) So to answer your question, yes there is plenty of revenue activity in CAK.

As far as schedule/pay I can answer questions if you care to DM me but the short answer is we operate on-call M-F with weekends and major holidays off. Every 4th weekend pilots are "on-call" but are usually at home. The "on-call" M-F aspect often scares people off, but the reality is that you overnight away from your domicile less than half the year. And while it is a 1 hour call out, you rarely if ever get a call you aren't expecting. There is a rotation based on who has flown most recently and dispatch is good at communicating who is up for the next revenue trip and where you sit in the rotation. You need to be available (i.e. living in base) but you aren't glued to your house and phone.

Pay for captains is in the mid to upper 100s. There is an airline profile for Berry on APC where you can get a good rundown of the pay structure: https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/...y_aviation_inc
“Overnight away from domicile less than half the year”.

So, are you saying a typical M-F you would sleep in a hotel 2 or 3 nights? Maybe more some weeks, maybe not at all some weeks?