View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Crusoe
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2012

From latest update regarding negotiations:

> At the meeting, I was particularly alarmed by some of the comments that company officials made. Company executives expressed their main goals relating to Scope to include the ability to dry lease aircraft without being constrained by any protections for the Atlas and Southern pilots if they decide to sell off all or part of the company. They further told us that having pilots attached to the business might reduce what they can get for any given part of the company. <

And 'boom goes the dynamite'...

Anyone hoping to get in the door early before a new contract to try to beat the rush? You are not only helping to delay the very thing you are hoping for & enabling their bad anti-labor/union busting behavior to continue unabated...but also walking into a potential field of landmines. You could easily (& with no warning) find yourself splintered off to who knows where, working for who knows what as a very junior pilot with no job protections at a much smaller company...and under a terrible amalgamated/arbitrated (read: no leverage & no vote) contract to boot...or maybe not even that much, ymmv. (You know those "Congratulations, you just played yourself" memes? Yeah, basically like that.)

ps- If I had a dollar for every new f/o that mentioned some version of the phrase "I feel like I made a big mistake [coming here]..." well I wouldn't exactly be a millionaire but I could take my wife out to a nice dinner more often.

Caveat emptor ("let the buyer beware.")

pps- In investing there is a cautionary phrase "don't try to catch a falling knife" - meaning basically don't try to time the market on a falling stock as you are likely to get cut. Let it hit the floor, bounce a few times...then go pick it up if it still looks like a good value. Something to think about here as well.

Last edited by Crusoe; 07-01-2019 at 01:11 PM.