View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Turbine1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by Crusoe View Post
From latest update regarding negotiations:

> At the meeting, I was particularly alarmed by some of the comments that company officials made. Company executives expressed their main goals relating to Scope to include the ability to dry lease aircraft without being constrained by any protections for the Atlas and Southern pilots if they decide to sell off all or part of the company. They further told us that having pilots attached to the business might reduce what they can get for any given part of the company. <

ps- If I had a dollar for every new f/o that mentioned some version of the phrase "I feel like I made a big mistake [coming here]..." well I wouldn't exactly be a millionaire but I could take my wife out to a nice dinner more often.

Caveat emptor ("let the buyer beware).
Caveat emptor indeed. Be advised any potential new hire that comes here now before a new CBA is ratified and our Scope is ironclad ( if the pilot group gets any chance to vote and amend Scope from the arbitrator ) will have tenuous job security at best.

A new CBA is years away, contrary to what recruiters will tell you. A data point; only 15 out of 35 articles in the new contract have been TA’d in 3.5 years and the company only agrees to meet 3 or 4 days once a month and there’s been many months where they’ve refused to meet. Their propaganda website states “the union is delaying negotiations”. Sure.

If the company thinks they can gain a cost savings, fragment the union, make more profit or generally keep the pilot group under their thumb they can and will not hesitate to part and parcel out flying and airframes, job losses be dammed. They’ve done it before as little as a decade ago with their offshoring union busting Stanstead base for European pilots to do our flying. Our scope has more holes in it than Swiss cheese and now the execs are gunning for what little job protections we do have. Past is prologue, it’s about to get real ugly at Atlas/Southern; this cannot be overstated.

Last edited by Turbine1; 07-01-2019 at 04:52 PM.