Thread: DPSP isn't duesable... until it is.

TANSTAAFL , 07-02-2019 03:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off
TANSTAAFL
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2009
  • Position
    Still in one
Quote: I'm not complaining about the 1.85% dues on regular income. What guys are complaining about is dues being taken out of money that's earned as a retirement benefit. When has a retirement benefit been subject to dues? Retirement money has never been duesable before but now it is...

I gladly pay my 1.85% on my earned income. I don't think I should be paying that dues on a retirement benefit.

Denny
1.85% starts in 2020. I’m a little confused about all the teeth gnashing over the DPSP excess issue. There is no change to ALPA policy, none. The change is in the ability for the company to break it out via their payroll system and now ALPA can collect dues on what has always been considered duesable income. Does anyone think the timing of the companies ability to suddenly implement while we are in section 6 is suspect?

Either way all the outrage at Natl is misinformed and misguided. Want to change it? Read the Constitution and By-Laws on how. All there in black and white. Hint: it takes 2/3 of roll call delegate votes of the BOD, and DAL is not 2/3. Gotta build consensus. Back to Your regularly scheduled chest beating about how Delta pays more dues than anyone else so we get whatever we demand. Shame on the Reps who are too lazy to learn (which is their job) how policy works and feed the populist narrative.

I don’t like it either, and want to see it changed, but ours is truly a first world problem. I also see our strength as a Natl union is far more effective than the independents. We pay more because we are more successful than anyone else as a company and it’s the formula that we agreed to per BOD and C&BL.