View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 10:19 AM
chase
XOJET Citation X

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DO, Baker Aviation, Citation X

CalCapt,

I applaud your sentiments....forums are a great way to motivate, inform, inspire and educate persons. As in everything in life, "things" can have a dark side....forums can insult, denigrate, deride and insult others also. The choice is in the hands of the author. The path one choose says more about the poster than the person or persons, company or entity they choose to attack. Taking the high road in responding or posting takes more strength of character than a backlash....kind of like talking on the radio to an controller who is having a bad day (the same can be said from their chair when they talk to our one of us who aren't at our best either) & responding with the cool, calm professionalism of the seasoned airline pilot veteran (not me BTW.

Thanks for the reminder that many are following, listening and watching our moves & posts on this forum & others....our example will either be positive or negative. To the folks who are just starting out....good luck & use CalCapt as an example of what you should aspire to in terms of treating your fellow pilots on forums such as this (or in everyday life for that matter). To those working their way up....it is a small world of aviation so continue to connect & do your best to treat folks like you wish to be treated...to those who are in the profession but are unhappy or thinking about leaving due to the turmoil; choose a direction & go for it & simultaneously decide it is the right decision & have an attitude that matches that decision with no regret....if you wallow in it & prefer to grumble incessantly about it...well as they say, life is too short to put yourself through the misery.......for those who are lucky enough to be somewhere they like, be eternally grateful & humble about it....many of us were fortunate to choose wisely & be in the right place at the right time. I hope everyone has a great Easter & get off of here & return to your families (if you're not on the road somewhere !) cheers,

Last edited by chase; 04-16-2006 at 10:22 AM.