View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 04:16 AM
sky jet
Polyester Pilot

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 777 CA

Originally Posted by randomroute View Post
What happens when theres no more OT?

What happens when you're tired of only getting 8-9 days off a month?

We have a 3 YEAR bonus schedule, which part of that would be shot into hourly rate? A $20/hr raise equates to $15k. But that base pay is $62.5k.Tell me how that is better?

We need to get paid for time on the ground. Not time in the air.

SWIFT PILOTS AND CREWS SPEND MORE TIME AT THE AIRPORT WITH THE DOOR OPEN THAN IN THE AIR.

3 to 6 hours of block flying in Miami equates to a 6 to 11 hour duty day. My personal record is 3.x of block with 18 hours of duty. No exaggeration. The planes break, the contractors fumble, the travel groups mishandle manifests etc. Making the pilot group expensive will force the company to get into better shape.
I hate to tell you this but higher hourly rates will not make your company more efficient or your customers get their acts together. I worked at ATA and we did a lot of the flying you are doing now including the MIA stuff. We made pretty good money back in the day. Same stories as you just related above. I now work for K4 and by most metrics we make great money for ACMI flying. Today I just finished a total FUBAR and it's not that unusual.

You need and deserve to make more money but don't think if you get it your company will become more streamlined. Charter/ACMI flying is never going to run as smooth as scheduled passenger or freight flying.