View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 06:39 AM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by kronan View Post
What has been said is that we are aware of the issue and LTD protection is part of the plan.

Exactly HOW it's addressed, hasn't been communicated.

I would say, an example of going out for 10 years and then coming back....is pretty unlikely. No real feel for it, but most of the guys I've flown with have been out 12-18 months and then returned.
Yes, most of the people you would fly with are the ones who haven't been out for a long time, because the long time LTD folks are still out. And most of them aren't 757 first officers. People who have been on LTD for years sometimes end up staying out permanently. The numbers of us who have gone out and will go out on LTD are staggering. It could happen to any of us. One day you're walking around, feeling fit and in the best of health, and the next minute something takes you out and if you survive, then you have to fight to get your medical back. At least you're accruing longevity towards your retirement.

If the negotiators don't lock in solid protection for people on LTD, no matter the length of time, I'm out. It's non negotiable. Even though I will be over 25 years and have my max, it's just plain wrong.