Old 07-09-2019, 07:15 PM
oldmako
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM

Originally Posted by Zenofzin View Post
I guess if you don’t commute, don’t ever travel and don’t have kids that travel a couple bucks for giving up pass travel seems like a good idea, but some of us need to get to work.....
I DO commute. I have a lady friend on the other coast. She is my enrolled friend. I have kids. I go places. For all of us, pass travel is typically extremely difficult and it's significantly worse than it used to be. My a$$ is usually in the JS. With the newest internet grabfest (Priceline, Trivago, Cheap Tix, etc.) and with the airlines' focus on load factor and $elling $eat$ (which is entirely appropriate) it only has one direction to go. That's my point.

You keep saying "a couple of bucks". The combined pilot group has shown through their last two ballots that a couple of bucks is more than adequate and that hourly rate is more important than contractual language (namely, work rules and other contractual benefits). I vehemently disagree with them.

Perhaps I am overly dramatic. But we either need better non-rev language and opportunity, or we need something to take their place. One need look no further than the vacation pass shenanigans that occur every single day.

Non-revving was great when I was a new hire. But I'm planning on buying tickets once retired. I don't want to waste any more heartbeats in commercial airports than I have to. Scheduled 3.5 hour sits in Houston and Chicago and oversold flights while trying to travel have worn me to a nub.

Last edited by oldmako; 07-09-2019 at 07:48 PM.