View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 09:28 AM
LowvalueFO
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
Anybody know the failure rate on new hires? I would think the union should have access to that information. Someone said the reason the DEC program was shut down was high failure rate. I know first hand of several OTS hires that didn’t make it through training. But just because of the company’s spite for pilots, they would probably waste more money on training than pay for a quality product. They have certainly shown this to be the case with all that were forced to upgrade into the CRJ or 145 only to turn right around for another upgrade to what they wanted, or in at least one case, CRJ, then 145 and finally 175. I personally know of at least one that went 175-145-175 and another that was DEC and has gone 145-175 and is scheduled to go back to the 145. Not sure if he put a bid in to go back to the 175 on this bid or not.

Bottom line is the company could have avoided a lot of training waste and lost productivity but didn’t want to talk to the union because they knew there were things they would have to change that would benefit the pilots to change what would avoid the training churn.

They can also get better quality applicants and fewer failure with raises that would allow them to be more selective.
You can bet your tushi that they have run the numbers - just speaking from former employment it was a common practice and still was cheaper than paying higher wages across the board - so again, decent class sizes - no raises at all ... get used to it and bend over ... =) ... as the Union will absolutely not ruffle any feathers as pointed out many times before for various reasons.