View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 03:20 PM
Roverruckus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Turnamdburn200 View Post
I doubt a new hire will make anywhere near that right now, all fo lines seem to be built with 90+ hours of credit with a huge amount of people on reserve. Doing that has it set so there is almost no FO open time, let alone critical time. New contract needs to have something that requires extra pay for hours over 80.. or something like that. Hitting 1000 will be easy once you finish training... and get off reserve which could take 7-12months. There are December hires in the sims now. And the most junior lineholder at Columbia on the September award is a December hire.
Fair enough. The FO open time has dried up a bit since and the training has gotten longer since I got hired, I was reserve pretty much my whole time here. However I did fly pretty much every reserve day. But for someone trying to fly a lot now, it probably won't be as good.

Originally Posted by nuball5 View Post
“180k over a 2 year period?” That sounds like a recruitment headline. No other profession would say it like that. I guess McDonalds is a million dollar career if you put in fifty years of service.
Okay? 90k a year then it doesn't really matter how you break it down. What matter is that I've been able to continue to earn what I made as an FO with the bonus continuing into the 2nd year as a captain without any bonuses. With how spikey the paychecks are with the bonuses having a two year total makes sense to me. Just trying to give personal anecdotes.

Also 90k a year of "McDonalds Wages" for 50 years (or 30) would be a pretty solid middle-class retirement by 90% of the population's account.