View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 08:14 AM
JoeyMeatballs
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: A-320
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by o/w herc driver View Post
A little surprised this one hasn't been thrown around yet. Everyone keeps talking about lengthier upgrades as a result of age 65. What are people's thoughts on whether or not this is permanent? My initial thoughts are that the airlines will slow hiring to the point that someone hired 5 years from now would've originally been hired one year from now and those folks upgrade times will be more similar to times before age 65. I know there are a lot of variables involved in determining upgrade times, just wondering what people's thoughts are on long term age 65 impacts alone. I posted a separate reply on the military forum for those guys sitting on the fence re: separating/retiring.

I don't think that will be the case at all. Most guys Medical out at CAL from Diabetes I think,at least thats what one of their CA's told me. I imagine all airlines have some senior guys who have some health issues . Obviously hiring will slow as well as upgrades but to what point?, I don't think anyone knows. I think management will slow down the hiring until they can figure out what the attrition will look like. I am sure they would rather be short-staffed then over-staffed, so I think it will take a year or so and they will have a better idea, probably more like 6 months, summer might be interesting.